Your privacy is important to us. It is Nations Church Incorporated’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://www.nationschurch.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Whenever “We”, “Our” or “Us” is used in this Policy it is referring to your relationship with and an obligation or right, in both Nations Church and the Local Church.
“Data Controller” is the entity that determines the purpose for which personal data is collected and processed.
“Data Processor” is the entity processing personal data on behalf of the Data Controller
“Personal Data” is any information about a living individual, which allows them to be identified, such as a name, email or photograph and can identify them alone or in conjunction with other information.
- Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
personal details such as your name gender and date of birth;
- contact details such as postal address, post code, email, mobile and telephone numbers;
- when relevant to our mission, demographic information such as marital status, nationality, education, employment/qualifications and family details;
- financial information such as donation history and your bank details;
- whether you are a tax payer in the place where the Local Church is registered;
- spouse and family details when you jointly volunteer, register for events, and/or register your children for any reason at Nations or the Local Church;
- non-financial information such as working with children checks and driving licences details
- employee and volunteer data such as qualifications, languages and experience;
- records of your contact with us;
- photographs provided by you or taken at Nations or Local Church services or events;
- visits to the website to enable Nations to improve its effectiveness and better promote church services and events.
- Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your personal information based on our legitimate charitable interests and on your consent may include:
- keeping you informed as to Nations and/or Local Church services, activities, events, resources and conferences;
- to promote the interests of Nations, its Christian mission and its charitable objects;
- to manage employees and volunteers;
- to fundraise and process donations and related statutory rights and obligations;
- to establish and maintain your involvement with us, events you have attended, what areas and activities of the Local Church you have supported, record and acknowledge any donation, to provide the products or services you have requested;
- to answer an inquiry or request for further information or complaint about us, our services, activities and events;
- to register you for events, conferences and provide the services requested;
- to carry out analysis and market research and improve our website and communications, for example by matching anonymised user’s data with social media sites such as Facebook to better understand people’s interests;
- to assist the Local Church to provide services and products more valuable to those involved in Nations and the Local Church community;
- to improve our ability to assist the Local Church attendees and the wider community;
- to assist the Local Church and associated Nations Churches with management and administrative purposes such as accounting, credit/debit card payments, anti-fraud measures, maintenance and development.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the Law and other legal requirements.
If you have indicated that you no longer wish to hear from us, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure that no future contact is made.
However, even after you modify your communication preferences, we may retain copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
Where we hold Sensitive Category Personal Information, unless we have evidence of your regular contact with us or we are required by law to retain, the sensitive information will be deleted after a period of two (2) years.
While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website; to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; to contact and communicate with you; for internal record keeping and administrative purposes; for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you; for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and to consider your employment application.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators; our employees, contractors and/or related entities; sponsors or promoters of any competition we run; credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you; courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and third parties to collect and process data.
Data Controller and Data Processors
Although Nations Church globally and the Local Church are separate organisations, they work together and may need to share personal data so that each can carry out their responsibilities as churches, support the church community and provide products and services you request.
Whilst this Privacy Notice is posted on the website by Nations Church as a Data Controller, it is on the section of the website managed by the Local Church where the Local Church is also a Data Controller of personal data you provide. If you provide personal data directly to the Local Church or through involvement at the Local Church, or to staff or volunteers, the Local Church is Data Controller responsible to comply with its legal obligations under GDPR.
Where consented or permitted, this personal data is shared with Nations Church globally and Nations may either process such data on behalf of the Local Church, or as a joint Controller use for its own purposes.
Where Nations Church globally and the Local Church are joint Controllers, both are responsible for how your data is processed.
- International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Ireland, Australia and Cambodia, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. In addition, the Law gives you the right, under certain circumstances:
- to request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you;
- to correct or update your personal information held by us;
- to request us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing;
- to object to profiling activities based on our legitimate interest;
- to request to have all personal data deleted (in the EEA only). To exercise any of these rights please contact email@example.com contact the Data Protection Officer (contact details set out below).
Please tell Nations or the Local Church as soon as any of your contact details change so that records can be kept up to date. We will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Nations or the Local Church you attend (or previously attended if you no longer attend a Nations Church) and wherever practicable that information will be deleted.
A request to access, amend or delete your personal information may be refused in certain circumstances. If refused, you will be provided with a reason for the decision and, in the case of amendment, will note with your personal information that its accuracy is disputed.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us by:
- following the instructions to “unsubscribe” on any email or text communication received from Nations and/or the Local Church;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- emailing the Local Church which you attend or previously attended, or which contacted you.
- Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
- Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
- Changes to this policy
Nations Church Inc.
Att: Data Controller
PO BOX 4138
Myaree WA 6960
Ph.: +61 8 9330 8306
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Enquiries Line: 1300 363 992.
The following are the nominated representatives of Nation Church, the local church and in each EEA country:
Nations Church Ireland
Att: Data Protection Office
Information Commissioners Office (Ireland)
18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HE97.
Phone: +353-1-639 5689